LLOREDA CAMACHO & CO. HAS BEEN RANKED BY CHAMBERS LATIN AMERICA 2017
We are proud to announce that Lloreda Camacho & Co., has been ranked by Chambers & Partners as a Top Tier firm in Colombia.
We are a law firm that builds successful legal strategies together with our clients.
- Intellectual Property: In head of Alicia Lloreda (Tier 1), who co-ordinates the department and is vastly respected in the industry due to her work and experience in IP. Interviewees describe her as, “a highly experienced IP attorney who is dedicated to her clients. She works hard and is always available and responsive to the client’s needs.” Sources also praise her as, “very clear”.
The Trademarks and Copyrights department are headed by Tatiana Carrillo who is highlighted by sources as very well versed in the area. Clients state, ¨We have a lot of confidence in the work she does for us.” They also endorse her as “knowledgeable, and clear in explaining advice.” She has over 18 years of experience in the field, and focuses her practice on complex trademark and copyright cases.
In addition, the Patents area is headed by Ana Maria Castro, who is also recognized for her expertise in patents by the market commentators. Clients are quick to praise her as “very detailed in her advice.” She heads the patent and regulatory practice, and has wide experience in handling patent portfolios and related contentious matters.
- Life Sciences: Ranked as an outstanding area of practice with extensive experience acting for clients across the full spectrum of patent and regulatory matters. The area is headed by Ana María Castro, who has been ranked en Tier 1 and is highly recognized by her clients as “an excellent lawyer who stands out for her specific and timely advice¨. She is very practical and always available to help.
- Corporate / M&A: Lloreda Camacho & Co., offers the highest quality team with significant experience advising international and domestic clients on general corporate work and complex M&A transactions. Their expertise includes corporate restructurings and foreign debt strategies, amongst other matters. Additional strengths comprise comprehensive proficiency in regulatory issues.
The department’s head, Santiago Gutiérrez (Tier 2), is highlighted by the market commentators who say, “Santiago has a lot of experience and knows the law very well”. He has wide experience and regularly advises clients on the full range of corporate matters and M&A transactions.
Gustavo Tamayo has built a very high esteem amongst the interviewees for offering high standard corporate practices. He benefits from significant experience in this field and holds a distinguished client roster to advice their operations in Colombia.
- Mining and Natural Resources: Recognized as a respected department advising on mining acquisitions and joint ventures, as well as the related negotiations and agreements. It also has particular expertise in handling infrastructure and land-related agreements for mining projects. Ignacio Santamaría, Head of this Department, is “a pragmatic and thoughtful lawyer with an in-depth understanding of the law,” according to clients, “He is very creative and finds solutions. He is excellent at deciding the best options for his client.”
In addition, sources are impressed by star associate Ángela Salazar stating that, “she has a lot of experience and very good knowledge of the law”. Her main areas of expertise are the transactional and environmental aspects of mining.
- Telecommunications, Media & Technology: The firm offers an experienced practice group that provides services across the telecommunications, media and technology areas. Regularly assists with transactional and regulatory matters as well as data protection issues and also advises a large range of clients including satellite providers, production and retail companies.
Gustavo Tamayo, Head of the department, was recognized by his peers as “Very dedicated to the area and with excellent capabilities in transactions.” He has 30 years of experience and regularly leads the firm’s key mandates in this space.
- Competition: Lloreda Camacho & Co., has an experienced team with significant capabilities across areas such as merger control, unfair competition and restrictive practices. Regularly advises clients on consumer protection matters and investigations conducted by the relevant administrative authorities. Interviewees value the client service provided by department head Enrique Álvarez Posada (Tier 2) and describe him as “an expert” in the field. He focuses on unfair competition, as well as merger control and joint venture mandates. He also assists foreign clients investing in Colombia with competition matters.