Our Patent Practice Group has extensive experience in the handling of large patent portfolios for several research and development companies around the world, most of them related to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, energy, food and beverage fields. Our Firm is known for offering the most qualified and specialized service in the market, always seeking to implement innovative strategies aimed at obtaining the best protection for our clients’ inventions. We handle all aspects related to PCT applications, as well as conventional applications. Our experience, of over 20 years, allows us to advise and support our clients throughout the application’s prosecution until it reaches a final decision before the Patent Office. Our team consists of 4 attorneys specialized in patent matters, and 5 technical advisors specialized in different fields of technology, some of them former examiners of the Colombian Patent Office. Our practice is not only limited to Colombia, since we have the capability of handling our clients’ portfolio in different countries in Latin America, the United States, Europe and Asia, through a group of patent agents with high and qualified experience. We also count with exceptional patent drafting skills for which we have both technical and legal members teams of the highest quality. We offer our clients assistance and advice throughout all the aspects related to the invention, including:
- Technological searches;
- Preparation and filing of patent of invention, utility models and industrial designs applications;
- Permanent monitoring of the proceedings before the Patent Office, including responses to formal requirements, request of patentability examination, preparation and/or responses to third party oppositions, responses to patentability objections as well as the filing of divisional applications, and/or amendments to the claims;
- Freedom to operate searches and analysis;
- Drafting of legal opinions in connection with the scope of protection of a patent, and the comparison between the claims and the allegedly infringing device;
- Pursuing the issuance of letters patent and handling of annuity payments.
Similarly, we are able to assist our clients in the filing of legal remedies and appeals, as well as nullity actions before the Colombian Council of State. As of the enforcement of our client’s patent rights, we have extensive experience in patent litigation. Our patent infringement practice has greatly increased in the past three years, positioning LLOREDA CAMACHO & CO. as one of the most effective law firms in obtaining preliminary injunctions on behalf of our clients in a very short time. We have also obtained favorable decisions in infringement cases before second instance Courts. Our firm has also successfully reached to settlement agreements with counterparts, avoiding high-cost litigation, always seeking the best alternative for the client. Additionally, we have experience in the field of protecting breeder’s rights and all related proceedings before the competent national authority (ICA).