Lloreda Camacho & Co.´s trademarks practice group is aware of the importance of our clients’ trademarks, logos, and trade dress portfolio to develop their businesses.
Our trademark lawyers and paralegals have extensive experience in trademarks, unfair competition, and anti-counterfeiting. This superior subject matter expertise drives innovation resulting in the best protection for our clients’ portfolio of trademarks.
Our Portfolio of Services include:
• Clearance of trademarks
• Filing and prosecution of trademarks in Colombia and Latin America
• Oppositions and cancellation actions
• Portfolio maintenance, through renewals, entry of affectations, change of names, change of address
• Due Diligence for Mergers and Acquisitions
• Negotiating and drafting licenses
• Domain name disputes
• Protection of the trademark portfolio in Latin America through our agents, providing superior quality of work.
We have an exceptional record of obtaining quick injunctions before the Courts and excel in client defense strategies for these types of cases because we have acted in both sides.
We focus our practice in identifying the best long-term cost effective solutions for our clients, which may include settlements as an alternative to dispute resolutions.
Our firm has extensive work experience in the following industries: pharmaceutical, personal care, food, financial, technology, entertainment, and consumer goods among others.
As of 2012, Colombia is a part of the Madrid Protocol which allows the firm to assist two types of clients: the national-based Colombian firms in filing international applications and non-Colombian international clients in their Colombian applications.