We advise our clients in Telecommunications, Technology development and Media services. For more than 20 years we have supported leading global organizations in voice, data and video transmission, and e-commerce, providing 360 legal support to the most important cultural events, artists and creators for the success in their activities in the country. Whether it is the registration of a satellite, the legal organization of a concert, or the legal support for an application, Lloreda-TMT has the team of experts to help realize your technology projects in Colombia.
Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT)
"The work is excellent, the partners lead the matters and inspire confidence". Chambers & Partners, 2019.
- Advice on contracting for development / implementation / outsourcing / distribution of technological services.
- Comprehensive evaluation (Due Diligence) of companies and investment prospects in the sector.
- Strategy for the comprehensive protection of intellectual property.
- Legal structuring of transactions for technology transfer.
- Support in contracting processes with the Colombian government and private entities for infrastructure, services and consulting in technology and communications.
Internet and e-commerce
- Design of legal components for institutional, business and mass consumption e-commerce projects.
- Construction of policies, practices and legal tools for information management.
- Obtaining permits for the use of radio spectrum for the provision of telecommunications services.
- Participation in public and private tenders for the provision of telecommunications services.
- Application of the regulation and legislation of the information and communications technology (ICT) sector, including operators and providers of mobile, fixed and satellite telecommunications services.
- Litigation related to the application of the regulation and legislation of the ICT sector, including user protection regime, conflicts with other operators and/or defense of the client’s interests against the possible application of sanctions.
- Obtaining licenses and permits for infrastructure deployment, as well as in the negotiation of infrastructure lease contracts to operators.
- Obtaining the ICT Single Registration for the provision of telecommunications services in Colombia.
- Obtaining registration as a Supplier of Satellite Capacity.