Attorney specializing in Administrative Law from the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana. He has experience in legal advice of domestic and international companies in health legislation, with emphasis on the pharmaceutical and food sectors.
His lines of action are:
- Drafting of legal opinions with regard to compliance with local regulations. In particular, he works on market access, patient programs, relationships with health professionals (physicians, nurses, hospital administrative staff), and the Afidro Code of Ethics.
- Advice on biotechnology, access to new medicines, requirements by the Specialized Chamber of the Review Commission of the INVIMA, clinical studies, patient programs, access programs, shared risk plans.
- Legal advice to pharmaceutical companies in relation to drug price control regulations.
- Legal advice to and defense of companies in administrative procedures started by the INVIMA, FNE, health secretaries, and Superintendence of Industry and Commerce (SIC).
- Legal advice and defense of companies in judicial proceedings (actions of nullity, nullity and restoration of rights, popular, group and protection actions).
- Approval, processing, amendment and obtaining of sanitary registrations, permits, certifications and authorizations before the different health authorities (INVIMA, FNE, DNE, ICA and health secretaries).
- Drafting of legal opinions on advertising, competition regulation, consumer protection, price control policies, and in different aspects related to the development of company operations and strategies.