Lloreda Camacho & CO. Has Been Ranked By Chambers Latin America 2019
We are proud to announce that Lloreda Camacho & Co., has been ranked by Chambers & Partners as a Top Tier firm in Colombia.
We are a law firm that builds successful legal strategies together with our clients.
According to Chambers & Partners Latin America Rankings 2019. .
- Intellectual Property: In head of Alicia Lloreda (Band 1), who co-ordinates the department and is vastly respected in the industry due to her work and experience in IP. Clients describe her as “one of the best lawyers working in IP matters in Colombia,” underlining that “she plays a fundamental role within the team.” One client particularly values her involvement in “our most strategic meetings and complex cases.” Other sources go on to recognise her quick responses and her great experience dealing with patents and trade marks.
Co-head of department Tatiana Carrillo is held in high esteem by clients due to “her availability and practical approach.” They also consider her “an important and renowned lawyer, with a lot of experience in IP.” She focuses her practice on trade marks and copyright matters.
In addition, Interviewees endorse Ana María Castro for her industrial property practice, with one client considering her “a great lawyers in patents,”and a peer describing her as “a very technical and knowledgeable lawyer.” She has notable experience handling patent infringement cases.
- Life Sciences: Clients are quick to praise our team, saying: “Everything is positive about them; they are very well prepared, they have in-depth technical knowledge and are confident in their legal recommendations.”They also say: “They complete tasks to the highest standard and achieve positive results.”Another source states: “We are very happy with them. They have a lot of knowledge and they always analyse matters from different perspectives. They are very responsive and quick.” Adding: “We feel that they are an extension of our company. We rely on them.”According to clients, “expert” Ana María Castro (Band 1) “is a leader in the life sciences arena” and “knows extensively about this sector.” They go on to describe her as “very proactive, always available and a lawyer with a strategic insight.” Castro boasts particular expertise dealing with complex pharmaceutical and biotechnology issues.Clients say that associate-to-watch Daniel Cardona “is very good and rigorous in analysing the matters.” They go on to endorse “his technical abilities” and his relevant role within the team dealing with price control issues.
- Mining and Natural Resources: Recognized as a Market-leading mining team with a dedicated group of specialists handling the full range of mining-related work, including regulatory, financing and corporate structuring. Handles all stages of mining projects, from exploration and development to operation and closure. Client portfolio ranges from juniors to major domestic and foreign mining companies. Grupo Mineros is a new client win for the firm. Clients hold prestigious head of department Ignacio Santamaría Escobar in high esteem. They are quick to state: “He is extremely experienced in the mining area.” Market commentators add: “He is an excellent lawyer.”He is particularly active advising clients on the structuring of mining projects.In addition, star associate Ángela Salazar is well regarded by sources for “her key legal knowledge.” A client adds: “She adapts to the client’s needs. We feel that she is part of our team.” Peers also note her involvement “in the most important deals.”
- Corporate / M&A: Experienced practice group covering an array of corporate and M&A issues. Expertise spans spin-offs, restructuring and M&A transactions, as well as day-to-day corporate matters. Also noted for its ability carrying out complex due diligence processes and negotiation of commercial agreements. Clientele includes domestic and international clients from the automotive, healthcare and food and drink industries. Compañía Nacional de Levaduras – Levapan is a new client win. One client notes that the firm is “excellent,” adding: “They are very professional, deliver on time, think outside the box and are very knowledgeable. They have a team of lawyers committed to giving the best advice and are always easy to reach.”Co-head of department Santiago Gutiérrez Borda is recommended by clients in this arena and is lauded by interviewees for being “great” and “a very good lawyer.” They go on to note: “He is knowledgeable in both transactional and corporate matters.” Gutiérrez Borda has extensive experience handling cross-border mandates for international clients of the team.Gustavo Tamayo Arango is recommended by clients for his corporate practice, with one of them stating: “He has been a key business partner and has been an important help handling delicate situations.”
- Telecommunications, Media & Technology: The firm offers an experienced practice group that provides services across the telecommunications, media and technology areas Team has a long-standing involvement in the telecommunication and entertainment industries. Advises local and international clients on both transactional and regulatory issues, as well as on arbitration and litigation cases. Clients describe the firm’s performance as “very good and efficient,” adding: “They provide prompt and accurate responses to complex matters.”Gustavo Tamayo Arango (Band 2) heads the department and enjoys a great reputation within the market for his remarkable abilities dealing with complex telecommunication matters. He advises clients from this industry on M&A transactions, financings and litigation.
- Competition: Lloreda Camacho & Co has reputed practice assisting clients with unfair competition matters, including leniency programmes. Also adept at advising on merger filings. Particular strength acting for major clients from the pharmaceutical industry. Sociedad Colombiana de Cirugía Plástica Estética y Reconstructiva, Shire and Baxalta are new client wins.
Department head Enrique Álvarez Posada (Band 3) receives praise from clients, one of whom describes him as being “extremely competent, dedicated and detailed. He is always available for any discussions or to address any doubts.” Another client adds: “He is an excellent lawyer.”